I might have mentioned it before and I’m repeating it again today. I’m not much of a chocolate fan but indulging to it once in a while is a nice treat. Especially, if I’m the one who made it.
Today, let me share a simple recipe for a chocolate banana nut loaf that I’ve unearthed from my old recipe book.
- 4 oz. – Butter, softened
- 1 cup – Brown Sugar
- 2 – Eggs
- 3 – Bananas
- 1 ½ cups – All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. – Baking soda
- 1 tbsp. – Unsweetened Hershey Cocoa
- 1 tsp. – Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup – thick plain Yogurt
- ½ cup – Semisweet Chocolate Chips
- ¼ cup – Toasted Pecan
○ Preheat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
○ Using softened butter, grease a mini loaf pan. I used my Wilton 4 cavity mini loaf pan, that has a 5 x 2 loaf cavity measure.
○ Mash the banana.
○ Put the butter, sugar, vanilla extract, and eggs into a bowl and beat well. Add it to the mashed banana. Stir in well.
○ Sift the flour, baking soda, unsweetened cocoa, into a separate bowl, then add to the banana mixture and mix well.
○ Stir in the yogurt and chocolate ships. Mix well.
○ Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
○ Sprinkle toasted pecan on top.
○ Bake in the oven for 1 hour.
☺To test whether the loaf is cooked through, insert a skewer into the center. If it comes out clean, it’s ready. If not, return the loaf to the oven for a few minutes.☺
Yummy! Do you have another version of Chocolate Banana Nut? If so, comment them below, I would love to learn them as well. Feel free to like and subscribe for more recipe I’m trying to learn.
Hugs, Dee ♥